Stuff the Bus Book Drive Toolkit
Click on the links below to find the resources available to help make your
Stuff the Bus book drive a success!
- Stuff the Bus logo - PNG
- Stuff the Bus logo - EPS
- Email to forward to employees (be sure to customize by updating all of the highlighted sections within this Outlook email template)
Options for purchasing books:1. Local Bookstore
- Beaverdale Books
Beaverdale Books is a female-owned and operated bookstore. Call the bookstore at 515-279-5400 (Monday through Friday 10:00 - 5:30, Saturday 10:00 - 5:00, and Sunday Noon - 4:00), leave a message, or email email@example.com to order specific titles or discuss large purchase options. They offer parking lot pick-up, home delivery, or $2.00 shipping.
- Marcus Books As the nation’s oldest Black-owned independent bookstore celebrating its 60th year, Marcus Books’ mission is to provide opportunities for Black folks and their allies to celebrate and learn about Black people everywhere. Order online at https://bookshop.org/shop/marcusbooks or call 510-652-2344 to order over the phone. Allow at least one week for shipping.
- Barnes & Noble (local) − Visit the Barnes and Noble on University Avenue or email your personal Barnes & Noble Education Specialist, Anne Sciorrotta-Schmitz.
- B&N offers a 20-40% discount on bulk orders.
- If you want your order to represent your corporate mission, Anne can curate a title list that meets any criteria: Diversity and Inclusion, STEAM & STEM, Mindfulness & Well-being, Inspirational Biographies, and many more.
- Anne will provide shipping and delivery solutions to get the books to your corporate office or directly to United Way.
- Barnes & Noble (online shopping)
- Amazon.com − Visit this Amazon list for quick access to books from our suggested titles list.
4. Scholastic Book Fair
- Feature a Scholastic Book Fair at your organization, either at your location or online. To set this up, contact Lisa Treptow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-330-8558. Due to purchase timing and shipping delays, please plan accordingly if considering this as an option for your organization. Review this Scholastic Book Fair Flyer.
Contact Vanessa Sedrel at email@example.com if there is anything United Way of Central Iowa can do to help you host a successful book drive.
Thank you to our event sponsors