United Way of Central Iowa unveiled its new strategic focus today: UNITED to THRIVE. As the principle now guiding the...Read More
FOCUS ON EQUITY
Examining outcomes through an equity lens is a key component used to inform our strategic and resource investment decisions. While addressing inequities and disparities has always been an important focus in United Way of Central Iowa’s work, our launch of UNITED to THRIVE will make inequities and disparities in our community a top priority in every aspect of our work.
- United Way will seek to be a prominent voice in central Iowa on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion – using the organization’s influence and privilege as a platform for other voices, that have historically been marginalized, to be heard.
- Equity Principles will be incorporated into the organization’s investment and grant processes.
- Goals will be established to diversify engagement with volunteer leadership, donors, and corporate and community partnerships.
- Volunteer opportunities will promote diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- The organization will advocate for policies at the local, state, and federal levels to address root causes of disparity and inequity.
Focusing on equity allows United Way to identify specific areas of intense need to more dramatically progress our communities’ overall ability to thrive.