Discover the benefits of beneficiary designations. A beneficiary doesn’t have to be a person − it can be an organization whose mission you want to continue long after your lifetime.
When you name United Way of Central Iowa as a beneficiary of your retirement plan assets, life insurance policy or donor advised fund, you can make a big impact on our future of fostering a thriving community by simply filling out a form.
When naming United Way of Central Iowa as a beneficiary, you can do so through many types of accounts including:
• Retirement plan assets. When left to loved ones, these assets are subject to income tax. When left to United Way of Central Iowa, they pass tax-free, allowing us to put 100 percent of your gift to work uniting the caring power of our community.
• Life insurance policy. Perhaps your children are now grown, and you have a life insurance policy you no longer need. Consider naming United Way as beneficiary. This gift allows you to make a substantial donation at a relatively low cost.
• Donor advised funds. If you have a donor advised fund, you can recommend grants to our organization during your lifetime and name us as the beneficiary to receive the balance of your account after your lifetime.
4 Steps to the Make the Gift of a Lifetime
1. Contact your administrator to request a change-of-beneficiary form or download a copy from their website.
2. Fill out the form listing United Way of Central Iowa and the amount or percentage you’d like us to receive on the form.
3. Return the form to your administrator. (Be sure to keep a copy for yourself as well.)
4. Let us know about your gift! It would be our honor to thank you and welcome you into United Way of Central Iowa’s Legacy Circle.
Tip: Beneficiary designations can be updated at any time to meet your changing needs. Make sure you review your beneficiaries regularly to ensure they go where you intend.
Need help getting started? Follow the button below, or contact Chase Young, United Way of Central Iowa ELI Director, at 515-246-6504 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you’ve already named United Way of Central Iowa as a beneficiary, please let us know.