Many of us devote our time, talents, and contributions to United Way of Central Iowa because every dollar matters in order to improve the lives of every central Iowan. Your generosity fuels the work United Way does every day to help make central Iowa UNITED to THRIVE.
BONUS: Giving makes us feel good!
How giving translates from the action of doing good to feeling good:
1. Know “I’m making a real difference.” Sometimes “thank you” doesn’t convey how much we truly appreciate the investment you make in the organization, and ultimately our community. Financial support of a cause, or in our case many causes, enables you to make a powerful impact, and volunteering allows you to see your impact firsthand.
2. Bring values to life. We all want to be part of a community that shares our values. Showing support, either through gifts of time or financial donation, can extend your personal connection to the work being done to improve our community and give you a sense of belonging. It also reinforces your own belief system.
3. Serve as inspiration. Your generosity may inspire others to follow your lead. Engage loved ones in discussion about why you support United Way of Central Iowa and how it connects you to making a difference in an area of life in which you’re passionate. Ask them how they can do the same and encourage them to join you in volunteering or raising funds.
4. Create an everlasting impact. You have an opportunity to leave your mark on central Iowa in a meaningful and powerful way. Planning a future gift, such as one in your will or trust, helps ensure generations to come will benefit from the work and support United Way of Central Iowa offers our community. Ultimately, making a planned gift and joining our Legacy Circle helps continue to improve our community for the people who you love beyond your lifetime.
5. Honor those who inspire you. Consider making a tribute gift, or recognizing an individual by dedicating a gift to United Way of Central Iowa in their name. Tribute gifts can be made in memory, in celebration, or in honor of those individuals who have inspired us to give back or are an important part of your life.
Feel the Benefits of Your Generosity
Are you ready to make a planned gift and join United Way’s Legacy Circle? Contact Melanie Campbell, Chief Donor Engagement Officer, at 515-246-6547 or email@example.com to discuss ways to make a meaningful impact.