LET US PREPARE YOUR TAXES FOR FREE
Individuals and families who meet the household income thresholds below within one year qualify to receive free tax preparation through our VITA program.
- 1 Person in Household: $19,140 or less
- 2 People in Household: $25,860 or less
- 3 People in Household: $32,580 or less
- 4 People in Household: $39,300 or less
- 5 People in Household: $46,020 or less
- 6 or More in Household: $52,740 or less
The VITA service is free, accurate, and convenient way to file your taxes. We will also help those who qualify receive Earned Income Tax Credit or Child Care Tax Credits if eligible.
We want you to have a positive experience with VITA. Bring ALL required materials to help us provide you with a positive, accurate, and timely tax preparation meeting with VITA volunteers.
You MUST bring all of the following items:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security cards and/or a Social Security number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration for you, your spouse and dependents
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package, if you received one
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns
- Wage and earning statement(s) from all 2020 employers: Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R
- Bring Notice 1444 or check stubs from the Economic Impact Payment Rebate received earlier in the year (i.e. $1,200 per person)
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit. Blank check or deposit slip required.
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
If you do not have all of the required materials above you will not be able to meet with a tax preparer to complete your return. No exceptions.
You are required to bring a copy of last year's tax returns or a tax return transcript to prepare your taxes. To request your transcript, go to www.IRS.gov, under "Tools," select "Get a tax transcript.", answer the questions, and print your transcript. Or call 1-800-908-9946 and follow the prompts.
Call 211 with questions.
VITA is sponsored in part by: