Running a United Way campaign in your workplace can be challenging, rewarding, and a great way to bond as a team while helping improve lives in central Iowa.
If you are organizing a campaign at your workplace, are working with a team to run a campaign, or are just curious about what it takes to put a campaign together, the best place to start is by contacting your company's United Way Corporate Engagement Manager. He or she will help make it easy and share best practices, materials, ideas from other and more. If you don't know your Corporate Engagement Manager, call us at (515) 246-6500 or email email@example.com.
Check out our new homepage just for employees in workplace campaigns. It's the go-to place to learn more about United Way of Central Iowa and the impact your gift can make. Please share with your co-workers!
How to Run a Great Campaign
An introduction to United Way, and why your pledge matters.
We Live United
An inspirational video sharing how the community comes together to LIVE UNITED.
Stories of Success
Featuring four stories of success from individuals in central Iowa.
An overview of United Way's education work from birth to high school graduation.
With her son facing mental health challenges, Carrie found the support her family needed.
Give your own United Way presentation using these slides, or pick-and-choose your favorites to display on TV, computer, or projector screens throughout the office or during a campaign event.
The following documents can be used to help you create emails and letters for your workplace campaign.
- DONOR LETTERS / EMAILS (Word Documents)
- CEO/Leadership Campaign Kickoff Message
- Previous Donors - encouraging those who gave last year to give again in this year's campaign
- Previous Leadership Donors - encouraging those who gave at leadership levels last year to do so once again
- Potential Leadership Donors - encouraging donors to increase their giving over last year to reach leadership levels
- Non-Contributors - encouraging those who have not previously participated in the United Way campaign to do so
- Lapsed Contributors - encouraging those who have given, but did not in the past year, to re-engage with United Way
- Department/Location Letter - encouraging all within a specific department or location to participate in the United Way campaign
- Union Leadership Endorsement - encouraging union members to participate in the United Way campaign
- CEO/Leadership Campaign Thank You Message
Ask your United Way representative for copies of pledging materials and instructions for completing the forms.