Running a United Way campaign in your workplace can be challenging, rewarding, and a great way to bond as a team while helping improve lives in central Iowa.
If you are organizing a campaign at your workplace, are working with a team to run a campaign, or are just curious about what it takes to put a campaign together, the best place to start is by contacting your company's United Way Corporate Engagement Manager.
He or she will help make it easy and share best practices, materials, ideas from other, and more. If you don't know your Corporate Engagement Manager, call us at (515) 246-6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our homepage just for employees in workplace campaigns. It's the go-to place to learn more about United Way of Central Iowa and the impact a gift can make. Please share with your co-workers!
Blogs and Stories
Click the image above to use these blogs and stories on your social media pages or on your organization's intranet. Just copy and paste the post content and the URL from the Word document. If using in social media, don't forget to tag @UnitedWayCI and include #LiveUnitedDSM.
Nearly 40 posts to choose from throughout your campaign!
Stories in an Image
Use these images for social media or Intranet posts. They are especially perfect for Instagram. Because the text is included on the image itself, there's no need for any further work or explanation on your part. They can also be easily included in emails or newsletters. You can even print them out for posting around the office or other creative ideas!
Just click the image above to download more than 20 story images.
Conveniently broken up into smaller pieces, these infographic chunks are perfect for social media or intranet posts. But they can also be used in emails, newsletters, or flyers. Interested in the complete issue-related infographic? These are available for download too.
- Health Begins in our Community
- Income: Education Pays
- Education Pathways
- The Child Care Challenge
- READ to SUCCEED: Third-Grade Reading
Campaign Brochure in an Email
Use this if you can only send one email to your organization's employees. It summarizes United Way of Central Iowa's campaign brochure in one appealing email—and includes links to stories, blogs, and our much-loved Community Impact Report.
This email is also useful to send between the kick-off and thank-you emails, or if you don't have a rally where you hand out brochures.
Remember to add your company name to the subject line and replace the highlighted copy with information about how to give.
Give your own United Way presentation using these slides, or pick-and-choose your favorites to display on TV, computer, or projector screens throughout the office or during a campaign event.
The following documents can be used to help you create emails and letters for your workplace campaign.
- DONOR LETTERS / EMAILS (Word Documents)
- CEO/Leadership Campaign Kickoff Message
- Previous Donors - encouraging those who gave last year to give again in this year's campaign
- Previous Leadership Donors - encouraging those who gave at leadership levels last year to do so once again
- Potential Leadership Donors - encouraging donors to increase their giving over last year to reach leadership levels
- Non-Contributors - encouraging those who have not previously participated in the United Way campaign to do so
- Lapsed Contributors - encouraging those who have given, but did not in the past year, to re-engage with United Way
- Department/Location Letter - encouraging all within a specific department or location to participate in the United Way campaign
- Union Leadership Endorsement - encouraging union members to participate in the United Way campaign
- CEO/Leadership Campaign Thank You Message
Ask your United Way representative for copies of pledging materials and instructions for completing the forms.