Running a United Way campaign in your workplace can be challenging, rewarding, and a great way to bond as a team while helping improve lives in central Iowa.
If you are organizing a campaign at your workplace, are working with a team to run a campaign, or are just curious about what it takes to put a campaign together, the best place to start is by contacting your company's United Way Corporate Engagement Manager. He or she will help make it easy and share best practices, materials, ideas from other campaigns and more. If you don't know your Corporate Engagement Manager, call us at (515) 246-6500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best Practices Guide
We've learned tips and tricks from thousands of successful campaigns over the years, and have put together a few pointers to help you make the most of yours. Check out our Best Practices Guide for ideas.
We have a variety of brochures about the campaign, our work, and ways to get involved. Click the covers below to see PDFs, and talk to your United Way representative to get hard copies for your campaign.
An introduction to United Way, and why your pledge matters.
Reasons people all over central Iowa get involved with United Way.
With her son facing mental health challenges, Carrie found the support her family needed.
Coming to Iowa as a refugee, Rebecca found help for her family in a whole new world.
Addicted to drugs, homeless and pregnant, Sam got help and turned her life around.
Download and print these posters yourself, or contact your United Way representative for printed copies. Use the white space provided for a customized message to your company.
The following documents can be used to help you create emails, letters, presentations etc for your workplace campaign.
- DONOR LETTERS / EMAILS (Word Documents)
- CEO/Leadership Campaign Kickoff Message
- Previous Donors - encouraging those who gave last year to give again in this year's campaign
- Previous Leadership Donors - encouraging those who gave at leadership levels last year to do so once again
- Potential Leadership Donors - encouraging donors to increase their giving over last year to reach leadership levels
- Non-Contributors - encouraging those who have not previously participated in the United Way campaign to do so
- Lapsed Contributors - encouraging those who have given, but did not in the past year, to re-engage with United Way
- Department / Location Letter - encouraging all within a specific department or location to participate in the United Way campaign
- Union Leadership Endorsement - encouraging union members to participate in the United Way campaign
- CEO/Leadership Campaign Thank You Message
- OTHER RESOURCES (Word, PowerPoint & PDF Documents)
Ask your United Way representative for copies of pledging materials and instructions for completing the forms.