Central Iowans again are being honored for their generosity: our community ranks first among mid-sized communities for large United Way donations. United Way Worldwide has honored United Way of Central Iowa with five Fleur de Lis Awards for Excellence, in recognition of growth of its Tocqueville Society. Tocqueville Society recognizes donors who give $10,000 or more annually to their local United Way.
In the 2009 United Way campaign, 275 members joined Tocqueville Society, an increase of 18 over 2008. The members contributed a total of $4 million.
Among 150 medium-size communities, United Way of Central Iowa earned Fleur-de-Lis Awards for Excellence for:
- Most Tocqueville Society Members
- Net change in Tocqueville members over 2008
- Most Tocqueville Dollars Raised for Community Impact
- Net Increase in Community Impact Dollars Raised
- Highest Percentage of Tocqueville Gift Increases Above 10%
The Fleur de Lis awards recognize donations made in the 2009 United Way of Central Iowa campaign, led by Bankers Trust CEO Suku Radia. The Tocqueville Society campaign was chaired by Cara Heiden and Fred Hubbell.