Anyone can champion the cause. Whether you're speaking out to improve Education, Income, and Health, reaching out to members of Congress, or wearing the LIVE UNITED shirt to show your support, you can help inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow. So go ahead and advocate in a LIVE UNITED world. Do it in public. Be visible. Be loud.
YOU can be an advocate. Here are a few suggestions on how to ADVOCATE in Education, Income and Health:
- Serve on a parent committee at your child’s school
- Attend a school board meeting
- Provide information on quality early learning in your company or organization
- Promote free tax preparation sites in your community
- Encourage family and friends to establish or build savings
- Organize a neighborhood forum on available community resources
- Start or serve on a committee for a wellness initiative in your company or organization
- Organize a team of family and friends to walk in a event raising awareness for a health issue
- Provide healthy snacks for your children’s activities
Engaging in public policy advocacy is a powerful way to make a difference in people's lives. In as little as ten minutes per week, your voice can bring about positive change. Check out our public policy section, and sign up below for United Ways of Iowa’s Legislative Newsletter so you can stay in the know about advocacy opportunities throughout the year.